Digital conference on Tuesday 21 April 2020 from 14:00-15:30 bringing together IOE members to review business response to Covid-19 in the region
Europe is the Covid-19 most affected continent, putting health care systems throughout the region under massive pressure and causing nearly 100,000 deaths to date. The impact on employment, industry and services has been severe. Many countries in the region have taken drastic measures to mitigate the impacts of the crisis. Eurozone finance ministers recently reached an agreement on the economic response to the coronavirus crisis, creating a euro 540 billion recovery fund.
This digital conference will offer an opportunity to briefly review the measures taken by governments in Europe and Central Asia, share IOE member assessments, as well as to discuss possible new measures that should be taken to further mitigate the social and economic effects of the pandemic and the steps under consideration for a quick recovery.
Participants include employer organisation representatives from Belgium, Croatia, Germany, Italy, Norway, Poland, Russia and Spain.
This conference is open to all IOE Members. Sharing regional analysis and best practices can support local efforts worldwide.
Register here to receive details on connecting to the conference.
14:00 - 14:05
Welcome remarks: Mr.Roberto Suárez Santos, IOE Secretary General, IOE
14:05 – 14:15
Setting the scene: Ms. Renate Hornung-Draus, IOE Regional Vice-President for Europe and Central Asia, and Managing Director, European and International Affairs, Confederation of German Employers’ Associations (BDA)
14:15 – 15:00
- Italy: Ms. Paola Astorri, Employment, Labour and Human Capital Department, Confederation of Italian Industry (Confindustria)
- Spain: Ms. Miriam Pinto Lomena, Department of Employment, Diversity and Social Protection, Confederation Espanola De Organizaciones Empresariales (CEOE)
- Poland: Mr. Janusz Pietkiewicz, Vice President, Employers of Poland
- Croatia: Ms. Biserka Sladović, Advisor EU Policies and International Affairs Department, Croatian Employers' Association (HUP)
- Norway: Mr. Henrik Munthe, Lawyer, Confederation of Norwegian Enterprise (NHO)
- Belgium: Mr. Kris de Meester, Senior Advisor, International social issues, Fédération des Entreprises de Belgique (FEB-VBO)
15:00 – 15:25
Tour de table (and Q&A)
- Russia: Ms. Marina Moskvina, Managing Director Department on labor and social partnership, Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (RSPP)
- Kyrgyzstan : Mr. Joodar Omoshov, Chairman of Business Association JIA
- Other participants
15:25 – 15:30
Concluding remarks: Ms. Renate Hornung-Draus, IOE Regional Vice-President for Europe and Central Asia