The General Council is responsible for the endorsement of IOE’s overall activity and policy direction.
In the annual meeting, open to all members, the General Council adopts a Programme of Action for the following year that has been proposed by the Management Board. It also passes decisions or resolutions that orient IOE’s activities and reflect members’ priorities, needs and expectations.
The General Council also provides members with the opportunity to express their views on the activity and financial reports delivered by the President, Secretary-General, Vice-President for the ILO and Treasurer on behalf of the Management Board.
The Management Board is responsible for implementing the objectives of IOE and the decisions of the General Council:
- Elaborating policy positions and formulating appropriate strategies;
- Representing members at international debates;
- Preparing recommendations for decision by the General Council concerning admission to and withdrawal from membership; as well as financial and budgetary matters on the proposal of the Treasurer.
- Taking decisions on proposals of the Secretary-General concerning the functioning and organisation of the Secretariat;
- Drawing up an annual Plan of Work and an Annual Report of activities for submission to the General Council.