Join the GFMD Asia/Pacific regional consultations in June.
Co-hosted with the Bali Process, the GFMD Asia/Pacific consultations will take place in June and July. IOE encourages all members from the Asia/Pacific region to join this consultation process.
Issues covered in the different sessions are:
- Leveraging new technologies to empower migrants
- Addressing gaps in migrant protection
- Discussing approaches to address irregular migration – what works? what doesn’t?
The three topics will be addressed at a general opening session, and more in depth at three breakout sessions. The consultations will conclude with a closing/wrap up session. Dates for the sessions are the following:
- 15 June, 9am–11am (GMT) Opening Plenary
- 29 June, 9am–11am (GMT) Thematic Breakout Sessions
- 1 July, 9am–11am (GMT) Closing Plenary
The GFMD-led sessions will provide an opportunity to give crucial inputs into the GFMD Background Papers, to be presented during the Summit in Dubai in January 2021. IOE urges all Asia/Pacific members to review the Background Papers available on the GFMD website. Please send your feedback to Stephanie Winet (email@example.com) by 26 June 2020.
The participation to the different sessions is limited. Your local business perspective in this multi-stakeholder platform is needed. Please contact Bouchra Marclay (marclay(at)ioe-emp.com) to register to take part in one of the sessions.
We look forward to receiving your inputs.