In anticipation of the upcoming Launch of the ILO Global Commission on the Future of the Work Report on 22 January 2019 at the ILO, you will find in the Resources box a summary of Mr Mthunzi Mdwaba's, Ex officio participant, position adopted throughout the Global Commission meetings. You may use it in case you need to make any contributions before the launch of the report.On the day of the launch, we will provide you with a detailed IOE guidance note on its content.
More specifically, this note contains general remarks from Mr Mthunzi Mdwaba on:
- the work of the Global Commission and the content of the Report;
- the priorities for the Report;
- the sub-themes that should be included in the Report;
- the role of the private sector in the future of work;
- a call for concrete action by the ILO to be part of the recommendations of the Report.
Roberto Suárez Santos