Participez à la prochaine Conférence numérique de l'OIE le 25 juin 2020 de 14h00 à 15h30 (HEC) sur les résilience des PME (en anglais)
The Covid-19 health crisis and the necessary measures of confinement have created one of the most challenging environments for micro-, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in modern history and severely disrupted many existing value chains. This situation is causing significant loss of income and massive unemployment. Support for SME business continuity is essential to the economic well-being of every country and the international community. They are the backbone of national and the global economy.
To mark Micro-, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Day, IOE wants to raise global awareness of the urgent need to secure the resilience of SMEs.
On 25 June from 14:00 – 15.30 CET we are organising a Digital Conference with the World Bank, ILO, UNCTAD and relevant employer federations on “Economic advocacy for SMEs”, with a particular focus on how to ensure that economic and financial measures are channelled to the most impacted sectorsespecially SME’s.
The IOE Digital Conference on: Economic advocacy for SMEs to tackle the Covid-19 crisis, will be the opportunity to share views and experience from relevant actors.
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Welcome: Erol Kiresepi, IOE President
Setting the scene:
- Dr. Mukhisa Kituyi, Secretary General, UNCTAD
- HE. Amb. José Luis Cancela, Permanent Representative of Uruguay to the WTO in Geneva, Coordinator of the WTO Informal Working Group on MSMEs
- Philipp Hauger, Advisor to Executive Director, World Bank (WB)
- Laurent Maurin, Senior Economist, European Investment Bank (EB)
- Dragan Radic, Head of the Small and Medium Enterprises Unit, International Labor Organization (ILO)
- Rajesh Aggarwal, Chief, Trade Facilitation and Policy for Business, Division of Market Development, International Trade Centre (ITC)
Conclusions: Roberto Suarez, IOE Secretary-General