- GFMD Thematic Note for 2020 regional consultationsThe Governance of Labour Migration in the Context of Changing Employment Landscapes
- GFMD Thematic Note for 2020 regional consultationsSkilling Migrants for Employment
- GFMD Thematic Note for 2020 regional consultationsFostering Partnerships to Realize Migration-Related Goals in the Sustainable Development Agenda and Managing the Future of Human Mobility
Join the GFMD/OECD consultations in July and help advance the policy agenda on labour migration.
Co-hosted with the Organisation Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the Global Forum on Migration and Development (GFMD) consultations will take place in July. IOE encourages all members from the OECD region to join this crucial consultation process.
Issues covered in the different sessions are:
- The governance of labour migration in the context of changing employment landscapes
- Skilling migrants for employment
- Fostering partnerships to realise migration-related goals in the Sustainable Development Agenda and managing the future of human mobility.
The three topics will be addressed at a general opening session, and more in depth at three breakout sessions. The consultations will conclude with a closing/wrap up session. Dates for the sessions are the following:
- 2 July, 1pm – 3pm (GMT): Opening Plenary
- 7 July, 1pm – 3pm (GMT): Thematic Breakout Sessions
- 10 July, 1pm – 3pm (GMT): Closing Plenary
The GFMD-led sessions will provide an opportunity to give crucial inputs into the GFMD Background Papers, to be presented during the Summit in Dubai in January 2021. IOE urges all members based in the OECD to review the Background Papers in the resource section and available on the GFMD website. Please send your feedback to Stephanie Winet ([email protected]) by 10 July2020.
The participation to the different sessions is limited. Your local business perspective in this multi-stakeholder platform is needed. Please contact Bouchra Marclay (marclay(at)ioe-emp.com) to register to take part in one of the sessions.
We look forward to receiving your inputs.