- Covid-19 Business ActionIOE Presentation Overview
- Covid-19 Situation UpdatePresentation by Dr. Philippe Guibert, International SOS
- MEDEF Business ResponsePresentation by Anne Vauchez MEDEF (France)
- CEOE Business ResponsePresentation by Miriam Pinto Lomeña, CEOE (Spain)
- Covid-19 Business Response in ChinaPresentation by Michael Niu, China Enterprises Confederation (CEC)
IOE Secretariat is fully operational and continues to provide services as the impact of COVID-19 is felt worldwide.
IOE is operating normally as a comprehensive teleworking strategy has been successfully implemented. We are concentrating efforts on assisting members and their affiliates with mitigating the impact of this unprecedented emergency. This assistance will include regular webinars to share latest news on impact, best practices on response efforts and updates on local initiatives to assist with business recovery.
Below you will find additional details on developments.
- What is the current situation and the economic impact in your country with regards to COVID-19 and which measures are being taken by your government to mitigate this impact for the private sector? What measures are being taken to diminish the risk of job losses? Is your organisation involved in related discussions?
- What measures are being taken by companies within your federation’s network to carry on business activities and protect the health and security of their employees? Are any proposals suggested by your organisation towards a fast-economic recovery once the crisis has had passed?
- Do you have any suggestions on how your federation can bring further support to its members in the times of COVID19? What are the lessons learned? Are there any best practices to be shared?
If members find it helpful, we will organise weekly exchanges tracking efforts to support the private sector as the pandemic affects countries across the globe.
Dedicated web page
We are currently building a web page to provide you links to the latest global public health directives, updates on member initiatives to assist local businesses and governmental efforts to support the private sector. We will aim to launch this page by end of week and update it daily. We are dedicating resources to ensure the information is relevant, but we also rely on you to review the material you send us. We accept information in English, French and Spanish.
Events planned for March and April are postponed until further notice.
We will inform you as soon as we have information on any decisions taken in relation to the upcoming International Labour Conference in May. In the meantime, please consult our website regularly for the latest information on events.
In conclusion, we want to reassure members that we are working and concentrating efforts on providing the most relevant support. We will also be allocating existing resources to further work on pertinent policy outcomes that might be useful for members going forward.
As the crisis expands, we express our hope that each of you will protect yourself and your families by following all public health rules and guidelines.