Invitation to comment on the General Survey to prepare the Employers' position for the discussion at the 2020 CAS.
Dear members and colleagues,
The ILO Committee of Experts (CEACR) General Survey covers eight instruments on employment this year, namely:
- the Employment Policy Convention, 1964 (No. 122),
- the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Disabled Persons) Convention, 1983 (No. 159),
- the Home Work Convention, 1996 (No. 177),
- the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Disabled Persons) Recommendation, 1983 (No. 168),
- the Employment Policy (Supplementary Provisions) Recommendation, 1984 (No. 169),
- the Home Work Recommendation, 1996 (No. 184),
- the Employment Relationship Recommendation, 2006 (No. 198), and
- the Transition from the Informal to the Formal Economy Recommendation, 2015 (No. 204).
We have previously informed you of the IOE's submission to the Committee and the objectives of the upcoming discussion.
The General Survey will be discussed in a tripartite manner in the Committee on Application of Standards (CAS) of the International Labour Conference in May with a view to adopt a tripartite outcome.
Specialists in your organisation are now invited to comment the survey to prepare the Employers' position for the discussion at the 2020 CAS.
Please read the General Survey (available in the Resources section) and submit your observations to Rita Yip (yip(at)ioe-emp.com) by Wednesday 8 April 2020. Your contribution is highly appreciated to build the Employers' position in the CAS debate. To date, the General Survey is only available in English. The Spanish and French versions will be published soon.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
María Paz Anzorreguy
Director of ILO Coordination