Now available for information and action until 7 March 2019
Dear Members and Colleagues,
The 2019 Report of the CEACR (Report III - 1A) is now available via the link in the Resources box. It has two parts:
- A General Report (Part I) which includes comments about Member States' respect for their Constitutional obligations
- Observations on the application of ratified international labour standards by ILO Member States (Part II)
We draw your attention to the wording on Paragraph 32, which again makes clear the non-binding nature of the opinions of the CEACR.
It is also worth noting that the CEACR requests the following six ILO member States to provide full particulars to the 2019 International Labour Conference on referenced cases:
- Ethiopia Convention138 (Minimum age)
- Iraq Convention 182 (Worst forms of child labour)
- Libya Convention 111 (Discrimination employment and occupation)
- Myanmar Convention 29 (Forced labour)
- Nicaragua Convention 117 (Social Policy (Basic Aims and Standards)
- Turkey Convention 87 (Freedom of association)
We encourage IOE Members to read both parts of the Report and to send comments on the observations regarding your country no later than 7 March 2019 to Rita Yip (email@example.com).
These comments will assist the IOE in the negotiation of the list of cases to be discussed at the Conference.
The Experts 2019 General Survey (Report III, 1 B), which this year relates to ILO Social Protection Floors Recommendation, 2012 (No. 202), will be available shortly.
You can find the list of previous CEACR Reports here.
Maria Paz Anzorreguy
Director of ILO Coordination