Registration is open for the “International Business and Human Rights Conference” - organised jointly by the IOE, MEDEF and Sodexo - which takes place on 18 April in Paris.
Date: Wednesday 18 April 2018
Times: 08:30 – 17:30
Venue: MEDEF (Movement of the Enterprises of France), 55 Avenue Bosquet, 75007 Paris, France.
This business-only conference is aimed at representatives of companies, business and employers’ federations, corporate law firms and industry associations. It will provide participants with a safe space to share experiences, learn about new trends and developments, network, and help shape the business and human rights agenda.
This conference will discuss pressing and practical issues, including:
- How to carry out effective human rights due diligence.
- How companies can best identify and address problems in supply chains.
- Successful approaches to stakeholder engagement.
- Access to remedy: examples of an NCP case and a company operational-level grievance mechanism.
- Companies' contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Government policy-making on business and human rights.
The draft agenda (with speakers) is available in the side panel. We invite you to share the registration information and the agenda with your business partners and networks.
Register your participation (before Friday 6 April) by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate your:
- Full name.
- Job title.
- Company / Organisation.
- Contact email and telephone number.
- It is free to attend the conference. However, participants are expected to cover their own travel and accommodation expenses.
- Conference capacity: 150 participants.
- The conference will follow the Chatham House rule.
- Language: As it’s an international conference we will mainly speak in English.
- Suggested hotel with a negotiated group price:
- Novotel - Paris Centre Eiffel Tower Hotel
- Address: 61 Quai de Grenelle, 75015 Paris
- Tel: +33 1 40 58 20 00
- Price of 165 euros per night for a single standard room (breakfast included)
- Please note that we do not have any control over the hotel booking. We advise you to reserve your room as soon as possible