Dear Members and Colleagues,
You are encouraged to participate in the sixth meeting of the IOE Policy Working on Employment on 16 March 2017 from 13:30-14:30 CET in Geneva, at the ILO (Room tbc).
During this meeting, we will follow up from our last discussion on social protections systems.
The meeting will focus on:
- A review of the 2nd IOE draft guidance note on Identifying Policy Challenges in Current Social Protection Systems
- A discussion on policy challenges and how policymakers can adapt existing frameworks so that they are fit for purpose
- A discussion on how to provide input to the Future of Work discussion
The main goal of this meeting is to discuss these issues so that:
- Members can better understand the design of existing social protection systems in the world of work
- Members can begin reflecting on how to change/adapt existing frameworks so that they become fit for purpose
- Members can share their national and practical experiences on social protection in responding to labour market developments
A tentative agenda is available from the link in the side panel. The 2nd draft IOE guidance note on Identifying Policy Challenges in Current Social Protection Systems will be made available in due course for your comments. Other additional materials will be provided in due course. The meeting will be in English only and participants can join in person or via Webex.
We look forward to receiving your registration before 14 March 2017 with Matias Espinosa