ILO and UN Resident Coordinators Dialogue on Decent Work and Economic Growth in the context of the Future of Work in Latin America and the Caribbean
(Draft Agenda, 17 - 18 September 2019, ILO Regional Office for Latin America and Caribbean, Lima)
ILO Regional Office for LAC, Lima
The meeting aims to:
1) Strengthen cooperation between the UN Development Cooperation Office (DCO), Resident Coordinators and the ILO.
2) Improve mutual understanding about the mission, work modalities and possible contributions of ILO to CCAs and UNSDCFs as well as a joint comprehension of the role and expectations of the RC in the framework of UN reform.
3) Agree on interagency collaboration around issues pertaining to Agenda 2030 and issues falling under the mandate of ILO (i.e. possible support to an issue based coalition in LAC).
Expected outcomes are greater:
1) Understanding and recognition of the ILO´s mandate, tripartite governance structure and role of its constituents and of the new UN structure in the region, including the DCO and Resident Coordinator system.
2) Understanding of the ILO normative system including recognition of the fundamental principles and rights at work as human rights.
3) Clarity of content, scope, quality and participation mechanisms of upcoming CCAs and UNSDCFs in LAC in 2019/20 and the importance of issues related to inclusive growth, decent work and universal social protection.
4) Joint support for an issue-based coalition (tbd) in LAC, including a number of strategic actions to be pursued in national, sub regional and regional dimensions.
Draft and present the Employers' position on the subjects covered in the meeting during the relevant sessions.
Check out the final agenda for the Summit in Kuala Lumpur on 5-6 February
Registration Form to complete and return by 10 January 2020
Presentation by Dr Wayne Wesley, CEO, Caribbean Examinations Council (CEC), at IOE-ATIA Workshop in Aruba, supported by the European Union, on 14-15...
Presentation by Dr Kamla Mungal, Arthur Lok Jack Global School of Business, UWI, at the IOE-ATIA Workshop in Aruba, supported by the European Union,...
Two back-to-back events for IOE members in Africa, co-organised with NECA (Nigeria) with the support of the European Union
IOE is joining forces with the Confederation of Asia-Pacific Employers (CAPE) and the ASEAN Confederation of Employers (ACE) to organise this global...
This Summit, the first to be held in English-speaking Africa, will continue the work of the African Social Partners to accelerate job creation.
IOE is joining forces with the Confederation of Asia-Pacific Employers (CAPE) and the ASEAN Confederation of Employers (ACE) to organise a Global...
REGISTER BY 21 OCTOBER - for the IOE-ATIA two-day workshop for IOE members and other representative business organisations in the region, on the...