ILO and UN Resident Coordinators Dialogue on Decent Work and Economic Growth in the context of the Future of Work in Latin America and the Caribbean
(Draft Agenda, 17 - 18 September 2019, ILO Regional Office for Latin America and Caribbean, Lima)
ILO Regional Office for LAC, Lima
The meeting aims to:
1) Strengthen cooperation between the UN Development Cooperation Office (DCO), Resident Coordinators and the ILO.
2) Improve mutual understanding about the mission, work modalities and possible contributions of ILO to CCAs and UNSDCFs as well as a joint comprehension of the role and expectations of the RC in the framework of UN reform.
3) Agree on interagency collaboration around issues pertaining to Agenda 2030 and issues falling under the mandate of ILO (i.e. possible support to an issue based coalition in LAC).
Expected outcomes are greater:
1) Understanding and recognition of the ILO´s mandate, tripartite governance structure and role of its constituents and of the new UN structure in the region, including the DCO and Resident Coordinator system.
2) Understanding of the ILO normative system including recognition of the fundamental principles and rights at work as human rights.
3) Clarity of content, scope, quality and participation mechanisms of upcoming CCAs and UNSDCFs in LAC in 2019/20 and the importance of issues related to inclusive growth, decent work and universal social protection.
4) Joint support for an issue-based coalition (tbd) in LAC, including a number of strategic actions to be pursued in national, sub regional and regional dimensions.
Draft and present the Employers' position on the subjects covered in the meeting during the relevant sessions.
Agenda (en inglés)
IOE comments on the EIP and what it means for members
Let us have your views on the EIP and get involved!
IOE Secretary-General Roberto Suárez Santos visited Venezuela’s business federation, Fedecámaras, this week in Caracas.
IOE and the Venezuelan Employers’ Association, FEDECAMARAS, do not give up and continue to push for Government compliance with the ratified...
On 1 May, Ms Shea Gopaul took up her post as IOE's first Special Representative to the United Nations in New York.
25 young professionals from IOE member organisations around the world came together in Madrid, Spain from 8 to 12 April for a capacity-building and...
From 13 - 15 March 2019, IOE had a seat at the table at the 7th Global Policy Forum on Development (PFD) in Brussels, Belgium.