ILO and UN Resident Coordinators Dialogue on Decent Work and Economic Growth in the context of the Future of Work in Latin America and the Caribbean
(Draft Agenda, 17 - 18 September 2019, ILO Regional Office for Latin America and Caribbean, Lima)
ILO Regional Office for LAC, Lima
The meeting aims to:
1) Strengthen cooperation between the UN Development Cooperation Office (DCO), Resident Coordinators and the ILO.
2) Improve mutual understanding about the mission, work modalities and possible contributions of ILO to CCAs and UNSDCFs as well as a joint comprehension of the role and expectations of the RC in the framework of UN reform.
3) Agree on interagency collaboration around issues pertaining to Agenda 2030 and issues falling under the mandate of ILO (i.e. possible support to an issue based coalition in LAC).
Expected outcomes are greater:
1) Understanding and recognition of the ILO´s mandate, tripartite governance structure and role of its constituents and of the new UN structure in the region, including the DCO and Resident Coordinator system.
2) Understanding of the ILO normative system including recognition of the fundamental principles and rights at work as human rights.
3) Clarity of content, scope, quality and participation mechanisms of upcoming CCAs and UNSDCFs in LAC in 2019/20 and the importance of issues related to inclusive growth, decent work and universal social protection.
4) Joint support for an issue-based coalition (tbd) in LAC, including a number of strategic actions to be pursued in national, sub regional and regional dimensions.
Draft and present the Employers' position on the subjects covered in the meeting during the relevant sessions.
Proposal for the endorsement of the membership by 1 December 2019
Concept Note and Agenda
Agenda - 7 November 2019 (new version, change of date)
To be approved by email by 1 December 2019
During the recent session of the ILO Governing Body, the Employers Group could not support the proposed Programme and Budget.
The 337th session of the ILO’s Governing Body reaffirmed its November 2018 decision to engage with the tobacco sector under the umbrella of an...
IOE is joining forces with the Confederation of Asia-Pacific Employers (CAPE) and the ASEAN Confederation of Employers (ACE) to organise a Global...
Please take note of this new date and see the new Agenda!
Organised by Alliance 8.7
Organised by the ILO