Europe and Central Asia
The IOE has a special relationship with Europe since most of its European members have been part of the IOE since its creation. For more than forty years, the IOE's European members have met each year in a different country to discuss topical issues. Current debates focus on globalisation, CSR, and responding to the challenges of the economic crisis. The IOE also works closely with individual members in a number of national events.
Since the fall of communism in Europe, the IOE has participated in the establishment and development of employers' organisations in transition countries. The IOE continues this work especially within the framework of the Stability Pact for the reconstruction of South Eastern Europe where it represents employers from this region. The IOE also works with its member federations in CIS countries to assist them in their development.
Regional integration is very important for Europe within the framework of the European Union. The IOE works closely with BUSINESSEUROPE on European social issues. The IOE also works directly with the European Commission at the ILO and in the Stability Pact for South Eastern Europe. The organisation is present at the Council of Europe, where the IOE is a partner due to its presence in the Council's Governmental Committee of the Social Charter and participates in activities in the Stability Pact for SEE.
2017 Election to the ILO Governing Body and election of the IOE Vice-President for Europe - member communication dated 5 April 2017 (member-login required)
Important dates for IOE Members from Europe and Central Asia 2017
IOE Global events
- 29-30 March, IOE-CEOE Global Employers' Workshop on the Future of Work, Madrid • 19 April, IOE International Business & Human Rights Forum, Amsterdam
- 17 May 2017, IOE-BDA Global Employers' Summit "Making the G20 a success", Bad Neuenahr
- 4 June, IOE General Council, Geneva
ILO Global events
- 6-7 April, ILO Symposium on the Future of Work, Geneva
- 5-16 June, ILO (Tripartite) International Labour Conference, Geneva
- 2-5 October, ILO (Tripartite) European Regional Meeting, Istanbul
- 5-6 October, IOE Meeting of Members from Europe & Central Asia, Istanbul
Meetings of the Governmental Committee of the Council of Europe
- 15-19 May, Council of Europe Governmental Committee, Strasbourg
- 25-29 September, Council of Europe Governmental Committee, Strasbourg